Since 1946, Central Glass Co. has been a leader in providing quality glass repair, replacement and contract glazing installations. Central Glass was founded by John Dale and Stanley Gordon. Shortly after World Was II John and Stanley quickly realized that Brockton was a perfect location to launch their new company. Brockton was going through a transformation due to GI’s returning from the war and a strong shoe industry located in the city.
In the beginning Central Glass created a niche of providing superior service and workmanship for both businesses & homes in the Brockton area. Central Glass opened its doors in a small one room shop located on Centre Street a short distance from the center and their current location. In 1962 Central Glass moved its operation to its current location at 127Centre St. directly across from the Police Department and now the new transportation center in the heart of the City. Central Glass started out as a one bay garage with a single office in the beginning.
Today Central Glass has expanded at its currant location to nearly 6000 sq feet of service bays, production area and office space. Today Central Glass is still a full service glass shop providing service to the South Shore and beyond. We have over ten service vehicles to respond to any glass repair at a moments notice. We are equipped with the latest equipment and technology to respond to any glass need in today’s market. Our technicians are certified to provide the best possible workmanship available in the industry. Still family owned and operated for over sixty years, Central Glass is the oldest family owned Glass shop on the south shore. Many of our employees have been with us on average of 20 years and are considered members of our family.